Monday, October 25, 2010

Recharged and taking flight


Just reentering the real world after five marvelous days in the Outer Banks with some of the most inspiring women I've ever met. As expected, Elizabeth and Michelle created magic. They held the space for all of us with grace and love and changed all of us for the better. Sarah coaxed me out of my head and away from fear and showed me that I too am an artist. (The photo above is of the paintings I made in Sarah's class- I'm still glowing about them.) Michelle, my angel in so many ways this year, led perhaps the most powerful, meditative yoga class I've ever experienced. I was so blissed out after class I could barely speak. Jen, my storytelling guru, got into my head once again and pulled out all sorts of ideas that I can't wait to get onto paper (or the computer screen). And rock star Mccabe encouraged me to release my inner mermaid and strut my badass self. She also reminded me how great it is to dance to that really ghetto club music from the late '90s. Thank you all.

With fuel in my tank and wings on my back, I'm taking off and ready to conquer the world. Yup, I'm feeling pretty damn good right now.

11 comments:

  1. amazing how it all comes together - isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are filled up! You are just so beautiful, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those are gorgeous:) Hooray, hooray, hooray for feeling ready to conquer the world - I know you can - can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great to hear you had such a wonderful experience, I love your paintings, especially the blue and purple one. I second Liz, can't wait to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Vale, I love your blog! it really keeps me reading and wanting to read more when I finish. I´m delighted you decided to be a writer so we can enjoy it!! huge congratulation!
    XO
    Raquel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you, love you, love you, love you. I know I will see you soon, and until then I'll be watching you take off with those beautiful wings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Mira, it was so wonderful to meet you. I love your paintings from Sarah's class! Happy I got to share that class with you, and the story telling one too. Keep on soaring! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad I met you! You're one amazing woman. Keep hitting that "publish" button! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to meet you too beautiful Mira! Following you now virtually. Til next time at Squam or wherever we find ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yahooo! so happy to have met you and see the art YOU are creating with your world :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. :) i think we rocked that brayer roller thingy! so nice to have met you! xo Bella

    ReplyDelete